Saturday, October 25, 2008

This time three years ago I went to a crummy London play. I asked for my money back at intermission and I got the, "You crazy American" look.


Well, 2006 in comparison to 2005 ended up stinky. Nothing in the United States was cool anymore. Not even the fantastic plumbing. I asked Heather "Stay" one day in a depressed, wanderlustic, desperation how she survived coming back from London. She replied, "I didn't, I had to go again to get over it!"


Summer of 2007 I worked for Anasazi, a primitive wilderness therapy program for teens. Life Changing. The fall of 2007 brought student teaching in US History and ESL. It also brought the realization that I didn't wan't to teach in public schools. I was unsure of what to do as I finished teaching and started the new year. Suddenly, (literally) I decided I was supposed to be a social worker. I found and applied to programs that week. (BYU's deadline was the 15th of January) I got into BYU's social work masters program. It was nothing short of a miracle since I did not have half the pre-reqs, a similar undergrad, or any experience. I feel very blessed.






Spring of 2008 I started working at a domestic violence shelter and I revisted Europe! This time I went to Germany. Bakeries! Chocolate! Architecture! Public Transport! I started the masters program this fall. Then I got this bomb-dig internship. I am going to go to Botswana all next summer 2009 and study the role of fathers for children. Big issues there! I am pretty sure Renata worked a little phone magic for me. BLESS HER. We hope to have a sample size of over 1,000! We think we may be the first to ever do a study like it about Fathers there. Its super exciting. I joined a bowling league with some Social Work Chums. Our team name is. "I can't believe its not gutter."




Nothing much else except that I've been dating this boy for 10 months and we are taking a trip to Chicago next month. Yipee!! London Love.


1 comment:

Lisa and Mark said...

I love it! I want to know more about this boy, though...