Wednesday, October 1, 2008

deep in the heart of texas


I never ever ever thought I'd be living Texas, but I am, and I love it.

After graduation, Sam sold out corporate-style and joined the giant Dow Chemical, so we moved to Katy, TX just outside Houston. I got a job doing ABA therapy with several small, wily, and cute children with Autism. Eventually though, living in a family ward got us to thinking we should probably have a family, so we decided to have a baby. I started substitute teaching in January to (hopefully) expose myself to a little less on-the-job physical beating. Sam went to China for the middle two weeks of April. Pregnancy, loneliness, and a sinus infection kept me crying for a day and a night straight, but I soon recovered with the help of a few inspired phone calls and the FABULOUS ward we're a part of here. Five days after Sam came home, our baby decided she was sick of being cooped up and decided to enter this world, a month early, and bum rather than head first. One hasty C-section later, we heard the healthy cry of Miss Anna Sophia Cosby.

Anna hung out in the NICU for a week while her lungs took their sweet time getting ready for life outside the cocoon. Since then, she's filled our home with sweet coos, long gazes, chunky barfs, cute giggles, nasty poops, and wide-eyed-wonder at her new little body (usually in that order). We love her a lot and it's hard to imagine life without her.

Sam studies for the GMAT with every spare moment and will someday apply to business school. Will it be for next fall, the fall after that, or the fall after that? It depends on the day, but once the decision is made, we'll let y'all know.

In the mean time, we LOVE reading about all of your lives. I'm a huge blog addict. If you are too, you can check ours out at livingeden.blogspot.com. And if you ever want to see some great national treasures like the Johnson Space Center, or the Beer Can House, we're the perfect place to stay. Happy posting!

Love, the Cosby's

4 comments:

Miss K$ said...

Oh man! ITs good to see you guys... kinda... you know what I mean. I'll post something soon.

Abbi said...

So good to hear from you! My first job after I graduated was doing ABA! Did you like it? Did you ever adminster a consequence of "Stand Up, Sit Down" 10 times? Oh man, sometimes I'd like to use that one on my kindergarten kids! Haha. J/K.

I'm so glad Anna is doing well. She is a cutie!! You are such a good writer and I'm glad everyone is doing well. If I'm ever close to Katy, I'll make sure to stop by! :)

Lisa and Mark said...

Thanks for posting! I love to see what's going on with everyone.

Mary said...

It turns out your brother is my Sunday school teacher, and I never knew it! I just finally learned his last name this Sunday because he gave the prayer in sacrament mtg, and so I introduced myself. By the way, my husband says he's one of the best sunday school teachers he's ever had.