Sunday, September 28, 2008

Abbi's Update

Hello all! It's been so good to hear from you guys. I think you all are such amazing people, and it's exciting to think of how you are all spread out doing good. Thanks Ali for spearheading this!

I'm still in Utah, living in the Salt Lake area. I'm working as a private kindergarten teacher at a KinderCare. I love it! I feel so lucky to be where I am, because I don't have a teaching certificate (I majored in MFHD) and yet I still get to do this. It's been kind of a crazy road that got me here in this job, and I never would have thought I would like it as much as I do. Perhaps someday I'll get my teaching certificate and work in the public school system, but for now I feel very content where I am.

I got married in June of last year to a great guy named Chad. Right now he is working as the Chief Resident at Primary Children's Hospital and we are applying to different fellowships for the upcoming year. Who knows where we'll be in a year, but in the meantime, if you need a place to stay in Salt Lake, please let me know, because we'd love to have you stay with us! Or if you are just in the area and want to hang out, we'd love that too. Here's a couple pictures of us together from a recent trip we took to Alaska:


P.S. Tasha is on a mission in Taipei Taiwan and will return on December 9! Yay!

1 comment:

Ali Jo said...

if i was a mother in the greater salt lake area, i would totally want you to be their kindergarten teacher! so much fun. my brother just started his fellowship this year- so have fun in the process. it pays off eventually!