Friday, September 26, 2008

Courtney Fjeldsted


Yep, that's me Courtney Fjeldsted, the formerly Courtney Simnitt. PS, it's pronounced Fell-Stedd. So, I have been married to Paul for just over a year now. We completed both of our senior years at BYU this past year and graduated in April '08- both with degrees in Biology. About two weeks after graduation, we moved to Los Angeles where Paul is attending the University of Southern California for dental school. We'll be here for the next four years enjoying the sunshine and beautiful beaches. Right now I'm working at a pediatric dental office and really enjoying it. It's a "high end" office and every once in a while low-key celebrities bring their children in. Like, for example, Jan from The Office, Kate Beckinsale, Noah Wyle from ER, and others. While I like my job, I'm looking forward to the day when I can be a stay at home mom- Mary, you're so lucky! :) LA is like nothing I've ever experienced- it's about as different from Provo as anything could be. Sometimes I feel like it has a slight resemblance to London, but London is much classier and LA doesn't have much historical significance. And then there's the traffic... bleh. I don't think we'll put down permanent roots here, but we're truly enjoying it for the time being and keeping busy-- I don't think anyone could possibly ever be bored in LA; there is always something to do.
Thanks to the people that have posted thus far- I'm excited to hear from those who haven't post yet!

2 comments:

Ali Jo said...

so is it awkward to ask your clients for autographs?!?!?! cuz me and my mom were totally in love with dr. carter on ER....

CourtneyFJ said...

haha. I don't think I'm allowed to. :( But if I can ever sneak a cell phone pic, you'll be the first to get it.