Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ok, Ok, my turn. I am procrastinating doing homework...so why not?


Well my life is very similar to Ali's though I have now been off the mish for 13 months! Crazy how fast time goes. I loved it so much...you know a lot of learning and growing. I somehow thought that when I came back, life would so easily fall into place, but how wrong I was. It has been an adjustment being home, but I am still learning more and more about myself. I graduate in April! So freaky, I know. I am still a history teaching major and now I am doing an ESL minor. I am student teaching in the winter. I am currently applying to teach in Washington D.C. so we shall see what happens! I must tell you all that I work at the Kennedy Center for International Study Programs (that was the place where we picked up backpacks and ISIC cards). I help people apply for programs and they often ask me where I did my study abroad and I tell them LONDON! They get excited and ask me millions of questions. So I think about London study abroad quite a bit, and every time I think about it, I think of all of the amazing experiences we had together. So I'm not trying to turn all sentimental, but I thank you all for wonderful friendships and wonderful memories.

3 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

That's so awesome! My roommate used to man the front desk there (Audrey Hoopes) so I knew everyone there - Mama, all the directors, etc. I love that office!

Ali Jo said...

susie-

i totally feel you on the "i thought everything would fall into place" idea. not so much. but its all about growing in the process right?!?!?

Susie said...

True that Ali...it has been a great year being home, now the mission just feels like a dream. It's so surreal